Hello, I have been nominated for the Blogger Recognition Award by the lovely Howusefulitis aka Jasmine. Her blog is amazing it looks way more professional than mine 😉 It is also so romantic looking and has great reviews about books!! So pop on over there and start following her (borrowed the above graphic from Jasmine)
•Write a post to show your award.
•Give a brief story of how your blog started.
•Give two pieces of advice for new bloggers.
•Thank whoever nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
•Select 15 other blogs you want to give the award to.
HOW MY BLOG STARTED…
I have ALWAYS loved books… which is probably true for most of us. I was only posting reviews on goodreads when a ever so lovely author suggested I try my own blog. I talked it over with my hubby and he said “that sounds like a great idea” boom my blog was born. If only it were that easy haha. It took me a month to come up with a name and honestly my best friend came up with it. Then trying to figure it out had me frustrated I wish I knew more about setting up my own site 😀 It’s okay though because I’m making a lot of author friends and bookish friends so I won’t complain 🙂
MY 2 PIECES OF ADVICE…
1) Blog what you want to talk about; some days it could be a book review, some days it could be a story about my day. My blog is super informal it’s almost like we are sitting down together to chat about the book. If you are not having fun with what you are writing other people won’t enjoy reading it.
2) Try not to be a negative nelly when reviewing books. Yes I get we get that one book that just didn’t sit well with us. You can say you didn’t like it without bashing the author or being cruel. Just say it wasn’t my cup of tea for reasoning x,y, and z and be done with it.
Okay I’m not sure I have 15 blogger friends haha! So I will just tag some people off the top of my head. Hopefully you haven’t been tagged before, if you have I’m sorry.
- Catia – The Girl Who Read Too Much
- Kirsty- Kirsty and the Cat Read
- Sue & Imogen- Doddy about books
- Rachana- Spun
- Candace- Literary Dust
- Drew- The Tattooed Book Geek
- Brin- Brin’s Book Blog
- Megan- BookSlayerReads
- Klara- Ribbon Reviews
- Becca- Becca & Books